Saturday, January 24, 2009

Now on to Better News

We have a reader :D

A very beginning one, but she was reading today!!!!!

For a while we have had letter cards, the girls love them. They know about 1/2 the letters consistently. I decided to focus on just a few at a time and help them get those down. I also bought BOB books for them, not really expecting they were ready yet, but today Nechama did it. I said words slowly, Nechama was able to put them together and say them fast. We reviewed the 4 letters in the first BOB book and lo and behold, Nechama starts reading. I was so proud :D. Rena was kind of getting it too, but Nechama was actually looking at the words and reading. I can't believe it. I didn't think they were ready and it just clicked.

3 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC! See, overachievers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive!! What a smart girl!! Hebrew or English?

    ReplyDelete
  3. English. I'll let the gan take care of the Hebrew reading. They are learning the Hebrew letters now though :)

    ReplyDelete