Monday, January 19, 2009

More Fun at the Zoo

I'm going to try to update while the baby is happy on the floor. No guarantees, he can be happy for hours but as soon as I try to do something productive he becomes unhappy. It's baby radar I think.

Yesterday we went to the zoo. We had a great time. The weather was not so bad for January. It was one of those days where it was either hot or cold. In the sun it was nice and warm, but if the clouds came out it got cold really quick. We took the train around so I didn't get so many pictures of all the different animals. We only walked through a few exhibits. It's a pretty big zoo and we have a membership so we go pretty often.



At the entrance






The Africa Exhibit.

The giraffe was so close. I never realized what HUGE animals they are before. I mean I knew in theory, but in practice, wow. The animals were all pretty brave because the zoo was pretty empty. We got a lot of close up views.

We always finish off the day at the park and the petting zoo. They have a wonderful huge wooden park. The kids could spend hours there.



Petting the goats.



About to go on the slide. I have a picture of Rena in the same pose from about 3 years ago.




More taking care of goats.

All and all a great day. We went out to dinner after the zoo (pics to follow.... depending on how late we get back tonight). At least I got the zoo ones up :)

1 comment:

  1. Great zoo! Looks like tons of fun! Kiddos look thrilled there but your parents -- not so much, looks like they are cold and wanna go home to where its HOT!

    ReplyDelete