Monday, March 16, 2009

Mmmmm Lentils

My poor guinea pigs...errr kids. I keep trying new recipes on them the other day it was Lentil Burgers. They actually came out pretty good.



A cup of lentils, 2 cups of water, boil & simmer about 40 minutess (in stock is extra yummy). Then I added 2 eggs and breadcrumbs (sorry no exact amounts, it makes a stiff dough). Gathered by hand and pan fried about 3 minutes on a side. First critic was overjoyed...



but he's also the easiest to please.




The girls would only try it with ketchup. Anything is better with ketchup, right? Rena told me "right Ima without ketchup it's yucky and with ketchup it's yummy?" Nechama wouldn't try at all but 3 out of 4 ain't bad.

3 comments:

  1. sounds good to me. try adding onions, carrots and tomatoes....

    I LOVE lentils!!

    Of course, we would be just as happy eating the soup. But these can be taken for lunches!!

    Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think next time I'll do veggie lentil burgers. I'm always looking for cheaper / healthier fare to cook my family. My mother was / is a very meat & potatoes type of cook. I don't think she ever served a vegetarian meal. So it's hard for me to think of new things. I don't want me kids to grow up scared of legumes they way I was for year. (well... not scared. but no clue what to do with them LOL).

    ReplyDelete