Friday, July 31, 2009

A Fishy Story

We have a fish tank. You are supposed to change the filter every 6 months, but it's been a year and we just brought it in to be changed. Dh comes back with the filter, and with a fish bag. So I asked him "did you buy more fish?" No, he didn't buy more fish. There was a baby living in the filter. Can't have been there that long, but it reminds me of the stories of alligators in the NYC sewers. Who would have thought a baby fish could live in the fish filter for weeks on end (it was at least a few weeks old judging by how big it was, and I never saw it in the tank).

3 comments:

  1. Oh, wow. That's so funny. What about the other fish in that litter? did they hatch at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL good thing you got a new filter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a guppy and they are live bearers. I found one other one a few weeks ago, but I figured s/he was the only one who survived (they snack on their young and usually don't survive unless you have a special setup). I was pretty shocked to find another, and I never saw any others.

    ReplyDelete