Thursday, May 21, 2009

While We're on Israeli Songs...

This one always makes me cry. It's a classic Israeli song about how fast the kids grow up and leave the nest. I typed out my rough translation (anyone who is better in Hebrew is welcome to comment!).



Fly Away Young Chick

My chicks left the nest
Spread their wings and flew
I am an old bird left in the nest
I hope that everything will be okay
I always knew the day would come
To say goodbye
But now when it’s here
No wonder I am worried

Chorus:
Fly away young chick
Cut the sky
Fly where you want
Just don’t forget there is an eagle in the sky
Be aware

Now it is only us in the nest
But we are together
Hug me tight and say yes
Don’t worry, it’s good to grow old together.

Chorus:
Fly away chick, cut the sky
Fly where you want to.
But don’t forget there is an eagle in the sky
Be aware

I know it’s the way of nature
I also left the nest
But now when the time comes
I feel a lump in my throat

Chorus:
Fly away chick, cut the sky
Fly where you want to
Just don’t forget, there is an eagle in the sky
Be aware
Just don’t forget
There is an eagle in the sky
Be aware.

1 comment: